1. Choose a unit big enough to allow access down the middle of the unit and a space to sort through your effects for urgently needed items.
2. Pick a mid-week removal day Tuesday or Wednesday, as removal costs are usually cheaper that time of the week.
3. Remember, legally you may have to vacate your old home by 12 noon and if you are late vacating you could be faced with the removal overrun costs of the new owners.
4. Make sure that you have adequate insurance cover, for both the move and whilst in storage.
5. If hiring a self-drive hire van, seek advice about the size of vehicle you will need.
6. Make sure that you have ample packing materials.
7. Reserve a parking space for the removal vehicle out side of your home.
8. Keep your kettle to hand as everyone functions better with hot tea inside them!
9. If storing perishable items over a longer period, we recommend the use of de-humidity packs.
10. Don’t store items when damp/wet and check on your contents regularly.